Product added to cart
TOBACCO PRODUCTS DIRECTIVE “DISCRIMINATORY” TOWARDS VAPERS
With one day to go before the introduction of the European Tobacco Products Directive (TPD)the CEO of The London Vape Company has branded the directive as discriminatory which unfairly groups vaping with traditional tobacco smoking.
The London Vape Company CEO Anthony Mixides ahead of the European wide introduction of the Tobacco Products Directive (TPD) has said that despite the news that vaping and e-cigarettes being 95% safer than ‘traditional’ cigarettes and not being a gateway into traditional smoking said:
"Vaping and e-cigarettes should be in a classification of its own, and should not, from the outset have been grouped together as has been done by the Tobacco Products Directive with traditional tobacco based cigarettes. With more medical practitioners advocating the case for vaping and e-cigarettes to be classified as a medical product, the TPD effectively groups a product that can lead to a total stop of smoking with a product that does the opposite.”
“The London Vape Company will work towards full compliance of the TPD which will be expensive for us as business, but we are committed towards making our products leaders in the field with clear labels and information to consumers.”
“The Royal College of Physicians said clearly that 'E-cigarettes do not result in the normalisation of smoking' – there is no evidence that either nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) or e-cigarette use has resulted in the renormalisation of smoking'. None of these products has to date attracted significant use among adult never-smokers, or demonstrated evidence of significant gateway progression into smoking among young people."
NOTES TO EDITORS:
- The London Vape Company Ltd is one of the leading retailers of vape e-cigarettes in London
- To arrange to meet or interview Anthony Mixides CEO of The London Vape Company contact John Kaponi
The TPD requires vape companies to comply with the following:
- 10ml bottles, TPD states that the maximum size of a bottle of liquid must be 10ml. Most of our customers favourite liquids have already been compliant with this, as well as having 30% of the label as a warning so this should only affect the quantity you buy.
- 2ml tanks, TPD also states that the maximum size of a tank will be 2ml. Many companies are already coming out with TPD compliant tanks and we will be stocking more and more as time goes on.
- GCMS reporting, TPD states that all liquids must have published full GC/MS reports on their liquids to ensure that they do not have any Diacetyl, Acetyl Propinoyl or Acetoin in them. Whilst this does not directly affect you it will affect small companies who cannot afford to get this done. Most companies we buy stock from have already confirmed that they will be or have already done this.
- The London Vape Company is working towards being 100% compliance of the requirements outlined by the Tobacco Products Directive (TPD)
For any media enquiries please contact:
John Kaponi – 07875 542 969